Monday, January 18, 2010

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

This recipe I got from Chelsi Biehl and I just love it! I'm not a big fan of ricotta cheese and most lasagnas have it in them, so I just love this one because it doesn't have it. I'm sure you could use this recipe and substitute hamburger for chicken, but I've yet to try that out.

3 chicken breasts
6 lasagna noodles
1 cube chicken bullion
1/4 c. hot water
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 c. shredded cheese
1 (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce

Cook chicken in boiling water 20 min, or until done. Remove from water and shred. While chicken is cooking, cook lasagna noodles, set aside when done.

Preheat oven to 350. Dissolve bullion cube in hot water.

In bowl, mix chicken, bullion mixture, cream cheese, and 1 c. cheese. Spread 1/3 spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 dish. Cover with half of chicken mixture and top with 3 lasagna noodles, Repeat. Top w/ remaining sauce and cheese. Bake 45 min. covered. Take foil off last 5-10 min. to brown cheese.

You can also add shredded spinach into the mixture and it acts as a little filler making the lasagna thicker and a little more healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm totally trying this one... looks so yummy! What a great idea for a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete