Monday, January 18, 2010

Pepper Lime Chicken

I have had a couple requests for this recipe. It's not actually mine, it's from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Here it is:

6 boneless, skinless chicken brest halves
1 t finely shredded lime peel
1/3 C lime juice (doesn't matter if you buy lime juice or just squeeze limes until you have enough)
3 T oil
1 t dried thyme or basil, crushed
1/2 t coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 t salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
Bottled salsa (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)

1. Place chicken breast halves in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, stir together lime peel, lime juice, oil, thyme, pepper, salt, and garlic. Pour ober chicken; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 min.

2. Preheat broiler. Drain chicken, reserving marinage. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from the heat about 6 min or until light brown.

3. Turn chicken and bush lightly with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Broil 6-8 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink. If desired, serve with salsa and lime wedges.

For the dinner I made, I also used lemon juice and lemon zest because I didn't have enough limes. I like it either way. I also don't bother putting my chicken in a bag to marinade. I do however, use a sealable tupperware so that I can shake the marinade over my chicken. Also, regardless of how many chicken breasts I'm using, I always make the full marinade, it really doesn't make that much. Another note, make sure your chicken is completely unthawed or you'll have problems when you're trying to cook it. And if you have anymore questions let me know and I'll help where I can. Other than that, it's really delicious, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment